Tuesday, April 2, 2013


Week 8 – ArchiveGrid and CAMIO

I had never used this database before!  How very interesting.  After I got done exploring and got down to the question, I found that Theodore Schultz’ papers are held at the Iowa State University Archives. I learned that he got his degree in economics at South Dakota State College in 1926 and his PhD in 1930 from the University of Wisconsin.  The papers primarily cover his tenure at Iowa State College from 1933 to 1943. He and several other professors resigned their posts due to the oleomargarine controversy. (My bloodhound streak is now up and I am going to have to learn much more about this!) He received the Nobel Prize for Economics in 1979.               

CAMIO
I give up for now!  I've spent over two hours trying to complete this assignment and it’s making me crazy!  I will work on it more later, not going to let it defeat me…

1 comment:

Fabric and Books said...

Thanks for your post. Sorry CAMIO is frustrating you. Check out "it's a capital life!" blog to see how they located the info. Great report on Archive grid! It is an interesting search!

Julie